Thursday, July 1, 2010

EDUC 7108 Module 2 - Emerging Technologies Tetrad


Enhances: What does this technology do that is new?

The digital camera provides instant digital photography to its users allowing you to immediately access images, post, share, and print from home or any photo processing lab, often with the click of a button. This device also allows for easy storage in large amounts.


Obsoletes: What does this technology replace?

This technology is quickly replacing disposable cameras and other cameras requiring film because it uses a small memory card to store images.


Retrieves/rekindles: What does this technology bring to mind (or retrieve) from the past?

This technology brings to mind the need to use photographs as a means of creating memories of family, friends, special events, and tracking historical events.


Reverses: What might replace this technology in the future, or what might it cause to occur?

Most mobile phones come with a camera feature. This feature has been improved over the years, and more people are creating these same memories, storing images, and printing them all from their mobile phone.

5 comments:

  1. In your tetrad, you put the digital camera retrieves the use of camera phones. What exactly did you mean by this? I tend to disagree with the statement because digital cameras were created before they were put into phones. However, I would like to hear what you meant so I can hear your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think you accidently placed the text in the wrong box! I just reread you post and looked at the graphic again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it seems that the text was simply put in the wrong box.

    I like your statement, “This technology brings to mind the need to use photographs as a means of creating memories of family, friends, special events, and tracking historical events.” Many family members live with their memories printed on display all over their homes. It provides a unique comfort and support, especially when there is great distance involved between loved ones. Of course, a whole industry has been created from the idea that if people cannot be in close contact with the ones they love, then a pictorial image is the next best thing. How much better will that be when we migrate to the images that are 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies :), I've made the corrections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Wandra,
    I do believe also that the camera phone is one up on the digital camera because it the phone simply does more and its only one application on the phone. As I looked at your tetrad I see that you put the memories in the retrieve area. I put them in the reverse area but after reading your post I understand why you placed it there. Makes sense.

    ReplyDelete